Certificate In Effective Leadership
This programme is aimed at people who wish to deepen their understanding of the subject of leadership, develop their own leadership skills and explore the various forms of giving leadership.
The programme will be particularly useful to those who occupy or aspire to leadership roles, or who work in or lead teams. It will also help those who wish to be more confident resolving conflict. It is envisaged that those who undertake the programme will be more knowledgeable of their own leadership style and more understanding of the contrasting leadership styles of others.
The programme will aim to build greater knowledge, understanding and acceptance of our personal leadership styles, and help us explore the positive and less popular aspects of our individual styles.
Style of programme:
Adults learn best by doing. As a result, the programme will be experiential and participative: there will be lots of activity, discussion, and interaction. We aim to build knowledge and understanding rather impart information.
The programme consists of five full days of training. It commences in October 2014 in Dublin and Cork and runs one day a weeks for five consecutive weeks. The programme costs €580 per participant. There will be a maximum of 10 participants on the programme.
- The qualities and traits of leaders: what leadership qualities do we possess and aspire to?
- The clash between ideal self and real self
- Learning styles, team participation styles
- Understanding, valuing, leading and managing diversity
- The shadow side of leadership: negative qualities, potential abuses, bad leadership
- Power and its responsibilities, its uses, its limits, its dangers, its potential.
- Managing and resolving conflict: Internal and interpersonal conflict
- Understanding human difference and diversity
- Leading teams; exploring how we are seen by others. What we contribute to successful teams. Discomfort in teams.
- Building successful teams
- Lead management vs Autocratic Management
- Leadership in learning organisations: the skills and qualities.
- Managing and leading change: understanding and working through resistance
Gerard Fitzpatrick has worked as a group facilitator for ten years, and has extensive experience of working with the public and private sector. He holds an MA in Group Facilitation and has trained in Integrative Psychotherapy and Reality Therapy. He also possesses an M.Phil in History, a BA (Hons) and a postgraduate diploma in Training & Development. Besides running facilitation and general training groups, Gerard lectures in facilitation, counselling and psychotherapy at third level.
Book this course
(€580 per participant)